Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I've Started Walking

I'm talking about the purposeful walking for my health walking.  Don't want to do it.  Don't like doing it.
I hate to sweat but I need to do it for my health.  I have osteopenia, the preview to osteoporosis.  I've had it a while.  My numbers were a little worse this year.  I need weight bearing exercise.  I'm walking three days a week with my friend Jill.   If I had to do it alone I wouldn't.

No pictures with this post.  You can imagine, dragging out of bed, throwing on some clothes, brush the hair and teeth wash the face and find a coat.  I'm not a morning person.  I'm not mean in the morning like some in my family who will remain nameless.  Jill meets me with a smile and she's excited about the route.  She can talk the whole way without being winded.  Did I mention I take baby aspirin with me and everywhere I go since Marlene's heart spasms.  We walk about an hour.  I should get a pedometer.  I would be nice to know how far.  Surely it' s about 2 miles.  I must admit I feel pretty good later in the day.

Did I mention I'm a klutz.  Always have been.  I trip, stumble, stagger, and grab onto Jill if I think I'm going to fall.  At my age that probably isn't going to change.  I'm glad I have a walking buddy who will put up with that.   When you see me ask me if I'm still walking.  I hope I will be but it's a battle.

Are you taking care of yourself?  As Martha would say,  It's a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great and maybe I shouldn't talk so much? I like to walk but won't do it either without a buddy. I read that it is not only good for your heart and but research is showing that it helps keep the mind sharp and keep Alzheimer's at bay [maybe not forever, but at least people who walk stay sharper, longer.] See you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete